The Batavia Flag Day Committee invites all of the Batavia residents, organizations, and businesses to fly our country’s flag on June 14, Flag Day, and to join us in our 2nd Annual Paint the Town Red, White, and Blue decorating contest.
The contest begins June 1, 2018, with judging to take place June 8-9. Winners will be announced at the Flag Day Ice Cream Social on Sunday, June 10, 2018. If you can leave all the decorations up through at least July 4, Independence Day, that would be awesome.
Categories to be judged (1 winner in each category for residences and 1 winner overall in businesses):
Most patriotic (best use of red, white and blue colors and flags)
Most unique (creative and unusual; beautiful; one of a kind)
Most historical (ties in with Dr. Cigrand and his role as the Father of Flag Day; honors Batavia as well as Flag Day)
If you are interested in joining the contest, all you have to do is fill out the entry form, pay the $20 entry fee, and start decorating!
The small print:
- Entrants must submit photos to firstname.lastname@example.org of the display to be used on Facebook by 5 pm, June 1, 2018.
- On June 2-8, all entries will receive a yard sign and be placed on the Batavia Flag Day Committee’s Facebook page to allow the public to vote on their favorite entries.
- On June 8 and 9, members of the Batavia Flag Day Committee will visit each entrant’s location and judge their favorites based on the theme, overall appearance, and positive patriotic spirit.
- Votes will be based on Facebook votes and judges votes combined.
- All votes will be tallied and winners will be announced during the Flag Day Ice Cream Social on Sunday, June 10, at 7:30 pm on the Riverwalk.
- Prizes will be awarded at that time and winners must have a representative present to accept their prize.
All proceeds go to the Batavia Flag Day Memorial Fund!